The Pottery Lab is my studio at Temperance, Bandra-W, Mumbai where classes on pottery and ceramics are conducted on weekends and weekdays for pottery enthusiasts.
The Beginner’s Course
The beginner’s course is designed to give students an overview to the medium while picking up the basics of ceramics and pottery:
- Hand building techniques of working with clay
- Introduction to the potter’s wheel (known as Throwing)
- Decoration techniques
- Application of glaze
- Basic level of theory so that you understand the materials that you are using
- You can choose between a weekday or weekend batch. We have various time options in both as mentioned below
- Sessions are twice a week and each session is for two hours
- There are 10 sessions in the beginner’s module, so you need 5 weeks to complete the course
- Our course is designed for adults only and are not suitable for kids below 16 years of age
Weekends – Saturday & Sunday
- 10 am – 12 noon OR
- 1 pm – 3 pm
Weekdays – Monday & Tuesday
- 11 am – 1 pm OR
- 5 pm – 7 pm
Weekdays – Thursday & Friday
- 6 pm – 8 pm OR
- 3 pm – 5 pm
- The fee is Rs.11,000 + 18% GST for the complete course inclusive of materials and firing of the pieces (max 5) you make.
- The tool kit for class is for Rs.400 which students can keep post completion of the course.
- For each module of 10 sessions, students get 1 bag of clay. In case they require more clay, it can be purchased at the studio.
What you need to bring for class
- The tool kit that we give you
- A hand towel
- A medium sized air-tight container with a lid
- An apron
What to expect
- A fun time while seriously learning to work with clay
- Surprising yourself with your creativity and skill!
- Becoming proficient in making small objects in clay
- Improved concentration and patience!
Beginner’s Course best suited for
- People who have never worked with clay before
- Adults who are looking to try out something that is creative, or completely different from their regular work
- People who would like to learn a new skill, create with their hands
- Adults who are looking to de-stress!
- You can either come down to our studio during any of our class timings to register or do it online below
Cancellations are non-refundable.
Next available batch
Weekend (Saturday & Sunday):
- Saturday, 9th June 2018, 10 am – 12 noon – FULL
- Saturday, 9th June 2018, 1-3 pm – FULL
Weekday (Monday & Tuesday) :
- Monday, 11th June 2018, 11 am – 1 pm – FULL
- Monday, 11th June 2018, 5 – 7 pm – FULL
Weekday (Thursday & Friday) :
- Thursday, 14th June 2018, 6-8 pm – PARTIALLY FULL
- Thursday, 14th June 2018, 3-5 pm – FULL
The Pottery Lab
Temperance, Plot no 76
Nargis Dutt Road, Pali Hill
- Can I cover up for a session I miss?
Yes, you may for up to 2 sessions. We block 12 sessions for you to complete your 10 sessions.
- Can I mix sessions from different batches?
We prefer not to as the teachers for different batches are different and every teacher has his/her own style of teaching!
- Can I register for the weekend batch and attend only Sundays?
At the moment our course is not structured for a once a week only format, so you would have to attend on both Saturdays and Sundays.
- I am an absolute beginner, will I be able to do this?
Yes, the beginner’s course is designed even for those who have never indulged in any form of art or craft. You may not create masterpieces but you will end up surprising yourself!
- How many students are taken in a batch?
We register a maximum of 4 students in a batch.
- Do you have an advanced level as well?
Yes, once you have completed all your basics in the beginner’s module, you can register for an advanced module which is a customised module.
- Please clean all tools, wheel, equipment, desk space used during your session and put things back in their designated place
- Please respect the studio timings allotted to you