The act of creation is therapeutic, it allows us to connect with ourselves and our environment and makes us live a little more mindfully – something we all need as individuals and as a society. This is a belief I have grown up with and hence, one of my primary aims at The Pottery Lab is to make the crafts accessible to the community at large not just through the space and facility but through the structure and methods of teaching as well.
Every few months, The Pottery Lab hosts one craft practitioner to teach a workshop in their medium of practice. I use my teaching experience of the last 13 years to understand the material and its process from the craft practitioner and then design the workshop in a manner so that even somebody without any prior exposure to the crafts will be able to design and create.
We have in the past conducted sculpture and metal enameling workshops.
- Date: Friday 5th April 2019, 9 am to 1 pm
- Age: 12 years and above
- Workshop on the craft of decorative knotting called macrame
- 3 knots will be taught and used to design and create the macrame object
- Participants will make a hanging pot holder in macrame of appx size 8 x 30 inches
- Location: The Pottery Lab, Bandra, Mumbai
- Fee: Rs. 3000 + GST inclusive of all materials (Wood, macrame rope, beads)
- Cancellations are non-refundable