Details of our newly created programme for kids are as follows:
- Module consists of 4 sessions over 4 weeks
- Each session is for 1.5 hours
- Sessions are every Friday from 4-5.30 pm
- One can do multiple modules to learn different techniques and to practise
- The course includes hand-building techniques of working with clay
- An introduction to the potter’s wheel
- Surface decoration and glazing
The various techniques will be taught through projects. The focus will be on the child exploring a 3-dimensional material and expressing himself creatively.
- Eligibility : Age 8-12 yrs
- All materials and tools will be provided
- Kids must carry a hand towel and apron with them
- A maximum of 7 kids will be taken in a batch
The programme will be taught by my colleague Priya Patil who has been in the craft and education space for over a decade now. She also specialises in designing learning tools for children where craft is the medium of instruction. Priya is an alumni of Sir J J School of Art.
- Rs. 4500 + GST inclusive of materials and firing
- Pieces can be taken home once fired
The next sessions will be scheduled July 2018 on wards.